Thursday, November 26, 2009

Seattle from Denver(Travel)


So I have landed back in Seattle. After traveling on the highways of Wyoming and Montana, speed limit 75 mph, coming into the Seattle Metro area, speed limit 60 mph, was like slowing time. No wonder Seattle is an hour behind, Einstein coined it right stating that as speed slows, time slows. The only constant is the speed of light and they let you travel the speed of light in Montana. I still got two speeding tickets though, one in Wyoming and one in Montana. I think they may be in budget meltdown since I've never heard of the Montana Highway Patrol. I think they just threw one together for the Thanksgiving weekend.

Music on the road included Marcy Playground, Muse, Chopin, U2, Radiohead, REM, AC/DC, Roxy Music. I also listened to XM radio which turned out to be quite cool. I could listen to real news like CNN, NPR or BBC or I could listen to conservative talk radio. I tried to call into a show both ways. On the way out to Denver the mountains prevented me from getting on air and on the way back from Denver the guy on the radio kept asking for callers but when I called the number listed I only got a voice message for his show.

From Denver to Seattle I stopped in Cheyenne, WY, Bozeman, MT and Spokane, WA. Bozeman was a hoot again. I had drinks with the daughter of a commodities broker, she was moving to London to study economics, and an environmental economist as well as a barber and a salesman from Georgia. They all loved Montana and hoped no one would move there. Right!

In Wyoming I ran into a couple of statues on cliffs. There was a cowboy on horse statue near Casper and just before Montana there was a statue of a Jackelope, the dreaded cross between a rabbit and an antelope. A rabbit with antlers. They are the menace of the West and leave carnage in their wake. Many believe that the Sioux weren't even at the Little Big Horn that day...that the Jackelope were.

Some other thoughts that I had on the road...uhh...

All for now. Hope to have something out on the history of TB soon.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, for future reference, when someone who identifies themselves as an "MHP" detaines you, they aren't Montana Highway Patrol.

    ReplyDelete